Improve Communication and Enhance Motor Skills with Sign Language for Children
Whenever you think of Sign Language for children, you probably only think of it in the context of deaf children or children with hearing disabilities. But all children can benefit from learning Sign Language. That’s why ASLdeafined offers online lessons in American Sign Language for children.
Just what are the benefits of teaching your child to sign? Consider this:
- Preverbal infants can tell you what they want before they’re able to speak
- Babies and small children already have a tendency to gesture, making Sign Language a natural fit
- Sign Language opens a new channel of communication, allowing you to bond with your child
- Sign Language for children helps develop important motor skills
- Sign Language can help enhance reading and comprehension skills early on
Beyond these amazing benefits, helping your child learn Sign Language will allow them to bridge the communication gap between the deaf and the hearing. It allows hearing children to gain a better appreciation of deaf culture. And for deaf children, learning Sign Language increases their confidence and opens the doors of communication with their peers.
Of course, Sign Language for children is also beneficial to kids with other special needs. If your child has Apraxia, Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Hearing Disabilities, Language Learning Disability, and other learning delays, research suggests that learning Sign Language can help them to develop speech, social, emotional, and academic skills.
So, why should you choose ASLdeafined to teach your children Sign Language? It’s simple:
- ASLdeafined’s 2 instructors have a combined 30 years experience working with deaf children and the hearing impaired
- ASLdeafined’s lessons are categorized by topic (learn what you want) and designed with everyone in mind
- For just $12.95 a month, you can access unlimited Sign Language lessons online
- Each lesson comes with a video to enhance the learning experience
- Your child will have an individualized progress chart to track his or her learning
Want to learn more about what ASLdeafined can do for your child? View our web demo to discover the features of our Sign Language for children courses today!